For some months now I have been seeing NUXE everywhere! Before that I didn’t even know the brand, so I decided to be adventurous and try something unfamiliar. The best way to go was to try the miniature travel kit, so that I can review a few products and if I don’t like anything to NOT be stuck with a whole big bottle of something I am not going to use.
The kit consists of 5 products:
– Micellar Cleansing Water with Rose Petals 30ml
– Nuxellence® Jeunesse 15ml
– Huile Prodigieuse® 10ml
– Crème Fraiche® de beauté 15ml
– Nuxe Body Fondant Shower Gel 30ml
They all come is a very slick and 80’s styled case with golden brown trim. Foxy!
So… first impressions:
I am in love with the Huile Prodigieuse! It is Prodigieuse (miraculous or amazing in French ) for sure! Here is why:
– It smells amazing! It is a sweet, musky smell of natural oils. I absolutely love the scent, but noticed that the boys around me do not. They find it heavy and too sweet. So not very much a boy-pleaser. but it is so good that I don’t really care 🙂
– It is dry oil, which means that after you apply it, you are not oily and slippery and gross. It absorbs in the skin very fast and makes it soft and silky. I tried using it for my hair, and it is amazing because it makes the ends of the hair nice and shiny.
– It is multifunctional- you can use it instead of many products that you usually buy – body milk, body butter, hair oil, face moisturizer.
– It is natural, made using six Precious Plant Oils (Macadamia, Hazelnut, Borrage, Almond, Camellia and St. John’s Wort)
So definitely would buy the real size of this miraculous product!
The only con I can find is that the little bottle doesn’t have any sort of stopper on the top, and it is easy to spill more of the precious oil than you actually need.
The other product that I am in love is the Nuxellence® Jeunesse. It is a fluid that makes my face feel beautiful and skin bright. Definitely would love the full size product. Why I like it:
– It is very light and gets absorbed by my skin immediately. No greasy film on the skin is left, which is great!
– It is enriched with pigment correctors and the fluid immediately illuminates skin. Great for summer, when i don’t tend to put on heavy foundation.
– Smells amazingly!
– Multifunctional again, can be used as day or night cream.
– No cons, just dreaming of the real size product. 🙂
The Micellar Cleansing Water with Rose Petals is ok. I do not like the smell of roses very much, so that is a drawback. But as a whole it is a very quality product.
– It removes make up very well!
– After using it the skin is soft and glowy.
I have been using other Micellar waters (Bioderma and Biotherm) and I don’t see major differences between them all, except of the scents. So it is definitely in my top 3!
The other two products I am not very fond of. But again that is just me, as I have read amazing review for them!
-Crème Fraiche® de beauté – it is cream for dry skin and 24-hour care. Contains Almond and Orange, White Flowers, Aloe Vera Sap. It is too heavy for me, as my skin is pretty oily. Also the scent is very strange. It smells very raw and green and herbal… just not my thing so definitely not going to invest in a full size product.
– Nuxe Body Fondant Shower Gel smells good. It is soap free and contains natural extracts- with Orange Blossom and Almond Blossom Petal. The scent is very sweet and milky, so it is not very summary. As it is soap free you need a bit more product to get enough lather. I used the whole tube for about 4 showers, which is not very economical.
Overall the travelkit it definitely a great investment, as you are going to fall in love with more than one of the five products. I became a fan of the brand as the products are high quality and natural. Something that is hard to find. But after all NUXE comes from Natural Luxe, right?
Have you tried any of the NUXE products? What do you think? Do you have a favourite?